Moviestorm 1.5 released
Moviestorm 1.5 is now available!
We promised we’d get it to you by the end of the year, and here it is. Moviestorm 1.5 - shinier, faster, and with all-new added goodness. It’ll make your hair more lustrous, help you lose weight, and wash your clothes even whiter than before. Okay, maybe not, but it will help you make films faster and better.
Moviestorm 1.5 includes a lot of new features. You can find full details in the release notes, along with the main bug fixes. Here are just some of the highlights:
- Terrain editor: change the default mountains around the edge of the set.
- Import video into the cutting room: you can now mix scenes from several different movies, or mix in external video files.
- Save gestures to stock: once you’ve created a gesture for a character, you can easily use it again in other scenes or movies.
- Tint the sky: gives you much more variation in the feel of your exterior sets.
- Timeline grouping: group several activities together on the timeline and move them all together.
- Text to speech allows you to create basic dialog without an audio file or microphone.
- WebM video format gives better performance and quality on a wider range of hardware.
- Dressing room user interface makes it easier to find costumes.
- Screenshot button in Camera view makes it easy to create storyboards or stills.
- Timeline user interface has been made clearer and easier to use.
- Some Cutting Room filters now have options for different strengths of the filter.
- Extra Large Set is a new stock set with the floor grid at 100m square instead of the normal 50m square.
- You can now render stereoscopic 3D left and right eye views as separate renders, allowing you to re-combine them in the 3D software of you choice.
- New audio filters give you better control over your sound.
Just start up Moviestorm as normal. It will automatically update the launcher (not the main program). Then when you’re ready, you can update Moviestorm from the launcher when it’s convenient. Be patient, it could take a while, especially if you’re on a slow connection.
If you have repeated problems downloading the file, you may need to temporarily disable your virus checker.
As far as we can tell, your existing movies should work fine with 1.5. There are however, a few things to watch out for.
- Mods: we’ve tested some mods, and we haven’t found any problems, but we can’t 100% guarantee that your mods will continue to work.
- Lighting: we fixed a bug with ambient lighting which meant that it was extra bright under some circumstances. You may need to adjust the ambient lighting to compensate.
- Doors: we changed the pathfinding for going through doors. In some cases, your characters may take a different route, and will walk through walls instead of being stuck..
- Dance floor: the dance floor works differently and you may need to tell each dance floor to flash instead of them all flashing at the same time.